Tuesday, October 2, 2007

a day in the life of a queens librarian

first blog ever!

so - a bit about myself...

I have been with the Queens Library system for just over 3 months now and I have to say it has been a fun and sometimes wild ride. Sometimes fun and mostly wild? Well - the truth lies somewhere in between probably...

I graduated from Queens College CUNY in 2005 and actually had a difficult time landing a library job. My previous work experience had included many stints as a Library Assistant, Circulation Clerk, or Corporate Docs. work with Wontauk but it was tough getting a foot in the door at the professional level.

Having been given the opportunity though - I must say it's been a rewarding and learning experience...

More on the rewards and lessons in the next installment of The Blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment