Sunday, October 28, 2007

Roll the bones (thing #12)

Just popped over to Rollyo and created an account for my searching needs. When I tried to add Google as one of my sources though, I was told the results would only be from Google's corporate page because the website is limited to static (non-dynamic) search results.

In other words - I could search Google's privacy policy because this doesnt change - but search results which are dynamically generated aren't browsable by Rollyo. This is a strange limitation for a metasearch engine (an engine which searches and obtains results from other engines).

Personally - I don't see it replacing Google anytime soon - because I found myself searching google for the links i was gonna use in my "roll". Considering you can also use google to search individual sites through the advanced search option - the usefulness of this product drops even more.

http://rollyo.com/secretsketcher/mesoamerican_art/

But for what it's worth - here's my lean and mean Mesoamerican page. Mostly art and manuscripts - with some general information and cultural sites thrown in for good measure. And to round it out - I threw in amazon for links to relevant books - which explodes the search results into the tens of thousands - because there is no intelligent filtering going on under rollyo, unfortunately. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment