Sunday, December 23, 2007

greetings from the pod people... (thing #21)

Soo.. I have a confession - this is my first time listening to podcasts.

I downloaded iTunes a couple of years ago because it is a great way to organize music - and did manage to explore and bookmark some cool internet radio sites - but I never got around to subscribing to podcasts.

Perhaps it's because I never joined the masses in getting an iPod (I always thought it more constructive to read during long commutes). Having an iPod definitely encourages one to follow podcasts (because once you get tired of your music - it's natural to turn to podcasts for some variety).

I was able to find some interesting podcast feeds though - and subsequently added them to the ole Bloglines account. It brought me back to my NPR listening days when I saw Gary Null's podcast - that soothing voice of vegan reason...

My preference was for the Podcast Alley site - because it offered rankings for usage (here's their top 50) - but I could also see how Yahoo's site with their tie-in for podcasting to your Yahoo page could be useful (I already use their messenger service).

No comments:

Post a Comment