Sunday, December 23, 2007

wiki when youre feeling blue (thing #17)

Ill admit - I was kind of shy about this exercise because its one thing to blog when you think no ones reading - but another to throw a post out into a hugely public place like wikipedia. But i was pleasantly surprised to find I could contribute in a meaningful way on topics I was sure of...

My wiki posts were done on the Wikimapia website - which I found on Wikipedia's list of wikis. Its a very cool tool which allows you to share first hand info on any types of sites or geographical locations that you've been to - or know about.

Here's a link to the Greater Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks map page - and there was also a feature which allowed users to open a frame on their web pages to show a map they had saved. This was done by allowing users to draw and drag a square box around an area - while the mapping tool dynamically returned coordinates. Neat! Here it is below...




Check out my posts to help hikers find some Yellowstone bears and scenic mountaintops (Turbid Lake and Avalanche Peak).

No comments:

Post a Comment