Sunday, December 23, 2007

woops... almost missed (thing #17 1/2)... facebooking

Having read the 3 part series on Librarian apps - I discovered I was already using some of the suggestions on my own facebook profile.

The ones I'm using are - Iread, Librarian, and MyFlikr - but I will probably be adding the de.lisc.ious and (dare I admit it) kittens pictures.

I've always been a fan of Facebook; Myspace is a mess - and although I do recognize that it can be used to glean information about people for sinister purposes, I think that overall - the good outweighs the bad.

That being said, however - it was informative to read the article about how to use Facebook without losing your job over it. Even more intersting was the post about why you should never have a job in the first place - posted in response... hehehe - Only on the internet!

Facebook is great for catching up with old friends - and doing genealogical research as well. I recently had a second cousin contact me through facebook - and he has since forwarded a lot of information about my family tree to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment